Global Care is an Australian Aid and Humanitarian Organisation that has, over its 23-year history, an impressive track record of getting in the trenches and helping people in need not only in Australia but throughout the island nations of the Pacific and further afield.
There are Six Strategic Operational Areas within the Global Care suite.
- Local Community Focussed Operations – There are currently 85 of these strategically placed around the nation. They aim to meet key needs within the community they are located in.
- Domestic Disaster Response – In times of Natural Disasters, Global Care has significant capability to be a first and second stage responder: providing immediate emergency assistance and then being involved in the rebuilding and the healing process.
- International Disaster Response – particularly focused on the Island Nations of the South Pacific.
- International Humanitarian Operations. Building Birthing Suites in nations in Africa.
- Advocacy – giving a voice to the voiceless.
- National Others Week: Initiated by Global Care, this kindness focused week is all about changing the world one act of kindness at a time. Currently celebrated in 7 nations.
Primarily a volunteer organisation, Global Care has around 2000 active volunteers each week. The Organisation has full Gift Deductible Recipient (DGR) Status and is also a Public Benevolent Institution. Global Care is funded through donations from the public and a small corporate partnership base.